Five Ways to Improve Your Home’s Security
We can’t turn on the news anymore without hearing about some heinous crime. We can’t help but wonder if our homes and families are really safe. These five easy tips will kick-start improving your home’s security.
1. Think twice about the doors. Gone are the days when you can leave the doors unlocked for the kids. Its not even safe to lock your doors and leave a spare key around. An easy solution to this problem would be to have a smart lock installed.
2. Stop using a land line connected security system. Most people are getting away from land line or “wired” security systems for two main reasons. First, wires can be cut. If someone wanted to disable your security system, it would be possible for them to do so by cutting your wired connection. Second, you cannot monitor your home on the go via cell phone or laptop if you have a wired connection. Start by calling ADT home security in Miami to see what your options are for upgrading to a cellular connection.
3. Consider upgrading to 2-way voice. Two-way voice works in conjunction alarm system but you may need to upgrade your panel. It has a built-in speaker and microphone that communicates directly with the monitoring center in case of an emergency.
4. Add IP cameras to your home’s security system. IP cameras are relatively inexpensive and are quickly and easily installed. They can also be monitored from most internet accessible devices including your smart phone. You’ll be able to see what’s going on at your home from anywhere in the world with just the push a button or a handy app.
5. Make your entire home a smart home. Miami ADT alarm system and a smart home can control everything from lighting to thermostat, locks, cameras, and more.